Saturday, August 1, 2009

Shoegasm

No, I'm not referring to the cheap store they have scattered around Manhattan by that name. I'm talking about beautiful new shipment of fall shoes patiently waiting in warehouses and department stores to get picked up by their rightful owners. These are my top seven picks from Saks, most of them for pre-order:


1. Marc Jacobs, $845 (pre-order) - I placed this as number one because I haven't seen alot of MJ shoes I have loved, but this shoe is something different from the other shoes coming out this fall, but still not too crazy. I like how it curves up on the tip like Aladdin's shoe.


2. Dolce & Gabbana, $795 (pre-order) - The designers of Dolce & Gabbana said they were lowering prices, and I guess $795 is a lower price point considering they were extremely overpriced before. This is simple and a bootie that you could possibly wear them with alot of outfits, so it may be a good investment.


3. Yves Saint Laurent, $795 (pre-order) - I love the curved heel, it looks more supportive than their other shoe designs. I also like the dirty midnight color/neat texture that is very appropriate for fall.


4. Christian Louboutin, $995 - Having alot of hardware is a big trend these days, and this shoe is an edgier version of the prive. I don't know alot of people who could pull this off, because the image of rocker chic and the kind of girls who wear Louboutin heels don't really connect in my head.


5. Prada, $980 (pre-order) - I found this boot interesting because it is like a tight short boot but also gives the impression of a slouchy bootie. I think this would be very flattering on the legs even when you wear a long pencil skirt (which most of the time make your legs look shorter). Oh and Prada always makes a nice heel design.


6. Maison Martin Margiela, $1,295 (pre-order) - I would have ranked this higher because of the interesting texture but gosh its over a grand, and nobody should spend more than a grand on shoes (unless they are long boots made of exotic skin).


7. Christian Louboutin, $1,295 - another style over a thousand bucks but this is the shoe you would wear out every weekend to go dancing, and everyone would be staring at your feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment