Thursday, August 27, 2009

Fashion Exhibition Flashback: Prada Transformer

Back in April-Mayish, I dragged my dad out to see the Prada Exhibition in Seoul with me. The mobile architecture was done by French Dutch architect Rem Koolhaas. He also designed several Prada stores, including that amazing one in Soho I always take my friends to. The design was pretty cool, there were to be several exhibitions and each time they set a new exhibition, they would shift the cube-like structure to another side as the floor. So essentially, each side of this cube-like structure we entered was a different shape - rectangular, circular, a cross, etc.
I was only in Korea for the first one- Waist Down.They've already showed this in other cities I think but it was cool how Ms. Miuccia Prada recognizes the massive demand of luxury houses in Korea. The space was small along with the amount of skirts I expected, but the display was obviously well thought out. Some skirts twirled and some sashayed to show how it would move naturally when worn. My favorite skirt was the silk chiffon lipstick print.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
To be in the spirit, I chose to sport a bag and necklace from Prada - and of course, wear a skirt!

2 comments:

  1. Rem Koolhaas is not French, he is Dutch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah thanks for pointing that out! I watched a video about him last year and I thought he was speaking French and assumed he would be.

    ReplyDelete