Tuesday, July 14, 2009

The World of Stella McCartney

I love Stella McCartney. I had a chance to see her speak in front of a small audience at Barneys last summer. I wanted to take a picture of so bad, she was just shining. You can just tell she is hardworking businesswoman, and I admire her for that. I feel like in our generation (and gender), we associate the name McCartney with Stella, and not her father. I mean, she is so legit: she designed for Chloe! She has a whole empire now:
  • Womenswear, organic line, shoes, and handbags
  • Organic skincare line
  • Perfume (a must-sniff if you haven't already)
  • Adidas by Stella McCartney
  • I don't know if this counts but she had a collaboration with H&M years and years ago.
Flattering silhouettes and color palettes that women want to wear, and you will never see fur in her collections sending out the message of anti animal cruelty (debatable).

Fall 06
Spring 07
Fall 07
Pre-fall 08
Fall 08
Resort 09
Spring 09
Fall 09
Resort 10 (a really fun presentation!)

I spent two hours at the New York sample sale today and did my piggy bank a favor by only buying 3 items when I actually wanted to buy 5. It was really hard to let go of these black satin high heels. But I decided they pinched my feet and were slightly big due to my feet that is shrinking these days...I ended up getting this cute skort (pictured above in spring09), white pants, and blue sweater. I was exhausted and hungry afterwards and decided to treat myself to a late lunch at Spice. Mediocre Thai food, but I liked how it was very casual and the workers there were actually Thai (I think). But I thoroughly enjoyed Thai iced coffee mmm my favorite coffee drink!

No comments:

Post a Comment