Saturday, November 21, 2009

Flashback of the Summer: lots of sweets and shopping...and shoes!

Gosh I need to imagine in how bright and sunny NYC used to be a few months back...the sun was still out till 9pm then! Now it gets pitch black at 5pm...very sad. I need more summer flashbacks to keep me sane...

To think of all the cupcakes I had this summer, its pretty shameful, cheeks were getting chubbier day by day! My friend and I went shopping one day, I don't think we got anything in the end but it was fun checking out stores. Our first stop was Bloomies and had brunch at David Burke cafe. But I have to say, FLiP and forty carrots is much much better inside Bloomies than David Burke.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Then we went to the Noho/Soho area, then of course we need a break at a cafe. We went into a tiny cafe. To be honest it wasn't amazing, but then again, I'm pretty picky on what I consider to be a good or bad cafe/restaurant.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
But really the highlight of the day was United Nude, a shoe shop I discovered. The shoes are designed by the architect Rem Koolhaas, as mentioned in another entry. I fell in love with a certain shoe but it was just too pricey for me.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
It's so comfortable and light, simple and just black, that it really be worn every day. I had to say goodbye but hopefully I'll be able to own it some day in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment