Thursday, November 12, 2009

My Spring 2010 Pick of the Milan and London Shows

So to sum it up Paris>New York>Milan and London about the same. Alot of designers that I look forwarded to disappointed from these two cities, and so I had less of my "absolute favorites". So I chose three shows from each of the two cities that should be celebrated for saving their cities' season.

Milan
1. Prada: Those crystal dresses are heavenly. What more is there to say? Miuccia Prada brings imaginationto life.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

2. Francesco Scognamiglio: This was the first time I heard of him, but his collection really caught my eye because everything was so relevant to whats in now, and I could see some good references to Givenchy. I love the metal shoulders and big stars as accents and fishnet tights as a way to tie it all together.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

3. Dolce & Gabbana: I love the long lace dresses and it never ceases to amaze me how they can manage to pull off to be so different every season yet posses this specific aesthetic that is easily identified.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

London
1. Phi: Almost every look from this season's Phi collection has my love. Those pants that look like a big bandaid wrapped around the leg, the below-the-knee body-hugging dresses, the tough jackets...Phi is like London's Balmain.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

2. Louise Goldin: I have to say I've consistently been in love with every single collection Louise Goldin has offered so far. The excitement of London is always the fresh young designers and their new ideas. In my mind, Louise Goldin opened up a whole new world of knits and sweaters. In this collection, she focused more on woven material though, but I love how she played around with pleating and skirt hems, and not to mention a pretty sweet color palette.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

3. Josh Goot: Another young designer, I was amazed at the hyper-pigments and obvious use of digitally printed fabrics. His designs are forward-thinking while the silhouettes are still comfortably current.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment