Saturday, November 28, 2009

The Extended Tank Dress

I always wanted a long t-shirt or tank dress made of regular cotton jersey knit. I found one on sale from James Perse, it was originally $155 but got in on sale + additional discount for less than $40 - sweet! I'm short so I love how the dress is longer than I am, and has to be worn with high heels that only barely show my toes.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Its slightly difficult to wear by itself because its so low-cut, but its very versatile when it comes to pairing with a jacket or blazer. I can wear it with a denim jacket (I got in Melbourne) on holiday.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
or a leather jacket (from Gap) for going out
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
or dress it up with a black blazer (Stella McCartney) for a formal occassion
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
or wear a big mens sweater (J.Crew) over it for a picnic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
or make it sporty with a cut-off pullover (TopShop)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
I can wear different heels with this dress but currently those boots by Alice + Olivia for payless (can you believe it? payless!) are my favorites. My boyfriend calls them reindeer hooves, but its ok, you never know when Santa will need extra help with his sleigh!

No comments:

Post a Comment