Thursday, November 5, 2009

Whatever Happened to Benjamin Cho?

Benjamin Cho was one of my favorite designers when I was still in school. His stuff is crafty but with restraint, focusing on one concept so that it his core idea can be appreciated. (Plus I like the fact that he is Korean) He hasn't been consistent in staying in the scene, but he kind of quietly disappeared. For someone with alot of talent like him, its really saddening! He looks totally drugged out in all photos of him but this makes his name even more mysterious.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
My favorite seasons were his 2008 spring and fall collections. Those exposed knee black pants with ropey loops from spring 08' and that beautiful orange velvet dress from fall 08' are so perfect I wish I could pay someone to make some replica of that for me. But who could imitate his technique? So in other words, BJ CHO COME BACK!

No comments:

Post a Comment