Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Best Accessories from the Spring Shows

1st place goes to Prada. I've always wanted clear shoes that didn't look like I just came out (working) from a strip club. All those oversized dangly crystal beads add something so special you could just wear a white tank and white shorts, but look like a princess! I have two options: a) beg my mom for these, b) try finding low-heeled clear stripper shoes and DIY them with old necklaces and earrings. I'd rather go for option A because it'll be alooottt of work and it has so much potential to become a bit tacky and just not right.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

2nd place is Alexander Wang. Wasn't too crazy about the clothes, but did love the accessories. I really want to get those three-tone leopard heels.Its truly a shoe-dream come true. I mean I really want all four of those. Wouldn't it be cute to use that football clutch when you watch a game at a sports bar?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

3rd is Dolce & Gabbana. My friend and I were discussing about how cool those lace inset shoes were. I like how it looks like it is just cut off and wrapped around the foot before putting on sandals. This could also be DIYed if I wanted to go through the trouble.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

4th goes to Thakoon. The three shoes on the top are my favorite. It looks like they shredded luxe exotic leather. If this is knocked off at Zara, it will look horrible because the ultimate factor of this shoe is the material. So I hope nobody knocks off these shoes, because then I will get excited and want to buy it, but get really sad when I realize they aren't even close to what the beauty of the real ones embody.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

5th is Proenza Schouler! Those bug-eyed glasses look so awesome. I remember also liking the weird washed-out hair dyes as well. Sorority girls around the world, please dispose your horrible Marc Jacobs/Juicy Couture sunglasses for these!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Honorable mentions...

Versace: That chain clutch is slightly reminiscent of Chloe SS08. I mean I love it, the color, the skin, and all, but it wasn't very Versace. The shoes were cute as well.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Givenchy: I've seen better Givenchy shoes, so it didn't quite meet my high expectations, but these are practical to wear (if you slice off a good one inch from it)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Alexander McQueen: Things were way too over-the-top to be even ranked. And plus everyone and their mom blogged about the shoes. My favs were the different variations of what I would say is the new industrial/military shoe. I would love to see a modified version on someone (whom is important in fashion, this excludes all celebrities of any kind) and then get photographed by Jak & Jil.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment