Tuesday, September 22, 2009

More Balenciaga-esque shows: Ohne Titel and Thakoon

However, I am not complaining. Thakoon was one of my favorite shows this season from New York, I don't care what other people had to say. It was beautiful. And the reference to Balenciaga is so morphed that its their own I say. You can see it but you can't say that about every piece, or even as a whole outfit. Its there but there is room for disagreement.

Ohne Titel has alot of good elements going around this collection, like the juxtaposition of constructed vs. draping, all in one jacket; the tight pant vs. the loose lounge pants; and body-conscious dress vs. the body-covering top + skirt. Those lace-up sandals that go all the way to the thighs are drool-worthy.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

If anyone knows how to be fun and chic at the same time with prints, its Thakoon. I am especially in love with the beige jodphurs with the blue screenprint only on top. I like how it is styled with a simple black tee as well, just perfectly stylish and comfortable all at the same time!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment