Friday, September 18, 2009

Alexander Wang and Alexandre Herchcovitch love American Football

Start off with my thoughts of A.Wang's show:
  • Disappointed. Football, really? why?
  • Show order should have started with his black pieces, it would have linked his previous collections with this collection better.
  • I still can't decide whether I will end up obsessing or getting sick of it, or both.
  • The hair and shoes were cute. Actually I am in love with the three-tone leopard shoes and plan to buy them when they hit stores.
  • Long socks with elastic on back? weird.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

In the meantime, Alexandre Herchcovitch's interpretation on football felt more sophisticated, and limited his literal takes with the football clutch and big shoulders, while stylizing everything else. I loved the bright colors and many of the pieces I could just imagine being used in future editorials.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment