Saturday, March 20, 2010

My Top 5 NY Shows for Fall10

1. Thakoon: I am in love with the various textures Thakoon layered on, while still using a basic color palette. The textures aren't only in the wools, silk chiffon, velvet, and jerseys, he also uses different kind of furs...and gosh all the pieces are just pretty.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

2. Alexander Wang: Alexander Wang is constantly rethinking basics and I feel this collection was one of his very strong ones. Seeing reconstructed suits the Wang way is almost an intellectual experience. And I do love love love velvet. This past fall I bought black velvet pants, black velvet dress, and a creme velvet dress. I'll still be wearing it next fall!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

3. Preen: Those cut-off turtleneck sweaters that only really cover the shoulders and nothing below really triggered the "I want that in my wardrobe" part of my brain. The cut-out dresses continue to be a big idea next fall I see as well.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

4. Rodarte: If I were to get married in the winter, I would want my wedding dress to be from this collection. I like that they used a wintry white, it seemed more lighthearted than their past stuff. Again, its about layering various textures, but of course in the Mulleavy sisters perspective.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

5. Jason Wu: Theres something about his clothes that you can just visualize real women wearing them. I just loved his dresses referencing to the Christian Dior New Look. The dresses are all in this pale pink color, and that is one of my favorite colors for dresses. I realized this when I was looking in my closet...
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment