Sunday, March 28, 2010

My Five Picks from Paris

My favorites really didn't match the ones that the fashion editors rave about time...like Lanvin, Dries van Noten, Celine...Paris has too many good shows for everyone to have the same favorites anyway!

Christian Dior: I usually don't like Dior but I loved this season. Soft and romantic, like a Camilla Akrans editorial. The poufy hair and shoes were all so pretty too!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Stella McCartney: Alot of the pieces were what women wanted to wear to work. Effortless, clean, crisp, and elegant. The color palette was quite perfect for it as well - the right beige, grey, and black.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Haider Ackermann: I finally got to see his piece up-close at Jeffreys in the meatpacking area, and I truly believe his pieces justify the price. I am in love with those long skirts and dresses with a bold cut right in the middle.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Valentino: The pieces that stood out the most in this show were the ruffled coats. Valentino suddenly seems wearable. With all those ruffles, strangely it doesn't seem overdone in any single look.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Louis Vuitton: Yes finally Marc Jacobs! Beautiful practical dresses for the target market that will buy RTW. I would really like to know how their RTW business does to last year after this season is done selling.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment