3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
1 1/2 cups plus 2 tablespoons nonfat milk
3/4 cup flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 large egg, lightly beaten
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- Soak oats in 3/4 cup milk 10 minutes.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon sugar, and salt in a large bowl.
- Stir egg, butter, brown sugar, remaining 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons milk, and oat mixture into dry ingredients until just combined.
- Heat a griddle over medium heat until hot and lightly brush with oil. Working in batches, pour 1/4 of the batter per pancake onto griddle and cook until bubbles appear on surface and undersides are golden-brown, about 1-2 minute. Flip with a spatula and cook other side, about 1 minute more. (Lightly oil griddle between batches.) Makes 4 large pancakes.
- Serve with sliced strawberries on the side :)